ASKING TO BUILD WHAT? - Mission 3: Communicating the bad news in a way that is accepted (Part 1 & 2)
Let's face it, we all have been approached by a senior leader or someone with a lot of influence in the organization that has an idea. Something they truly believe should be done....Immediately no less. Find out how to handle those situations. We start with making sure your existing product priorities are rock solid, then we make sure your priorities are couched in the broader business strategy, making it difficult to change course without more consideration. And when you do have to stick to your guns, find out how to do it in a way that drives commitment across the organization.
Mission 3: Communicating the bad news in a way that is accepted (Includes Part 1 & 2)
There are going to be times where you have to say no. Make sure you have the justification and the relationship and influencing skills to have that "no" accepted throughout the organization.
This mission encompasses 3 set of videos:Part 1: Foundations
- Always present the customer need and what you've learned leading up to the proposed decision.
- Customer foundation Intro (15m)
- Problem Statement Introduction (15m)
- Problem Statement examples & Exercise (5m)
- Crafting Problem Statement (11m)
- Customer Persona Introduction (14m)
- Customer Persona Picture Board Exercise (7m)
- Customer Persona Breakdown (7m)
- Customer Needs Introduction (22m)
- Customer Needs Deep Dive (12m)
- Customer Needs Prioritization (9m)
- Customer Foundations wrap (5m)
- Help your leaders understand how the decision ties back to the business strategy
- Product Vision (14m)
- Business Goals and Objectives (14m)
- Product Strategy (15m)
- Product Strategy Detailed Example (8m)
- Learn how to drive decisions when no one reports to you
- Introduction & Contracts (13m)
- Negotiation skills for PM (9m)
- Influencing others (6m)
Total Time: 201 Minutes
Note: If you've already taken our Customer Foundations course take Part 2 Only of this mission.