Customer Foundations - Product Cadet Training
We know how, because we’ve been there.
We see this over and over again: A new product manager or founder trying to get his/her idea to market and struggling with all the great ideas and forms of the idea surrounding it. A product manager on a mature product trying to figure out how to get the product back on a growth path. How do I focus? How do I know I'm picking the right idea? What if we say no to the wrong idea and I fail? What's the best direction?
Not to worry, this foundational course is the step in the right direction.
- Learn how to define the problem your team is solving in a way that focuses you and your team.
- Quickly learn how to define your customer persona in a way that allows you to say no, with confidence, on ideas that just won't suit their needs.
- Learn how to prioritize customer needs so that you can launch quickly and learn.
These are the foundations for any product leader, manager, or entrepreneur with a great idea.
This course is conducted completely online and consists of:
- Short Videos (5-8 minutes each)
- Learning objective/goals for each video
- Templates you can download and keep
- Supplementary reading that will reinforce concepts
- Practical hands-on Exercises you can apply to your own product
Take a quick journey through the 3 key customer foundations; your problem statement, your persona (target customer definition) and the prioritized set of customer needs.
Approximate Time: 2.5 hours
Video time: 1.25 hours
Problem Statement: Our 3 videos take you through the following:
- The value of an effectively defined problem statement and how it impacts product decision making
- Examples of what not to do
- A detailed real world example
- And the formula in creating your own problem statement that will enable you to effectively focus your team on the "right" stuff.
Persona: Our 3 videos take you through the following:
- The value in effectively defining your target user and how it impacts product decision making
- Examples of business-to-business and business-to-consumer personas
- An fun exercise that gets your team started on defining an effective persona
- A detailed discussion on the elements of a successful persona, setting you and your team up for creating your own quickly and easily.
Customer Needs: Our 3 videos takes you through the following:
- What customer needs are and what they are not. You'd be surprised!
- Ways to prioritize and communicate that prioritization so that you can get traction quickly, without rehashing
- How to leverage customer needs in day to day decision making
More question? Contact us