COMPETITIVE PRESSURE - Mission 1: Know who your real competition is and identify your gaps (Part 1 & 2)
Competition kicking your butt?!
We've learned the hard way that it has a lot to do with what you know about your customer in the market and how effectively your competitors serve their needs. It's more than just understanding their value prop and position in the market. It's understanding where you are relative to your competitors through your customers' eyes. We have different ways at getting this perspective.
Mission 1: Know who your real competition is and identify your gaps (Part 1 & 2)
This mission starts with defining your place in the market...the who and the problem you are solving...then evaluating your competition from that perspective. Then taking action on what you learn.
Part I: Foundations:
- Start with making sure you know who you are solving within the market...so you know who you are competing for and against
- Customer foundation Intro (15m)
- Problem Statement Introduction (15m)
- Problem Statement examples & Exercise (5m)
- Crafting Problem Statement (11m)
- Customer Persona Introduction (14m)
- Customer Persona Picture Board Exercise (7m)
- Customer Persona Breakdown (7m)
- Customer Needs Introduction (22m)
- Customer Needs Deep Dive (12m)
- Customer Needs Prioritization (9m)
- Customer Foundations wrap (5m)
Part II: Practice & Process
- Evaluate the competition through the lens of your target customer and the problem you are solving
- Competitive Research Introduction (26m)
- Competitive Research Deep Dive (22m)
- Actionable brainstorming around clearly defined problems
- Ideation Introduction (9m)
- Ideation Specifics (12m)
Total Time: 191
Note: If you've already taken our Customer Foundations course then take Part 2 Only of this mission.